Sunday, October 30, 2016

Week 74-October 24, 2016

Week 74-October 24, 2016
Hey fam!

We have very little time to email.. But that's okay because we had a
great lesson today. Last night we went out street contacting for about
3 hours trying to stop by some people on the ward list nobody knows
about as well in an area we've never been to. As we were finally on
our way out of the area and after finding only rejection I stopped a
girl crossing the street. She was in her 20's and English but of
african descent. Long story short, she said she hadn't been to church
in a long time and felt like she needed to start going again. That she
felt like it was time for her to find God again. So we scheduled to
meet her the next day at the church and today we had a lesson and it
went so well. I felt the Spirit as she told us how that very day I had
stopped her, she had been thinking how she wanted to pull away from
her friend circle because they were going down a different road than
she wanted to (partying a lot) and she wished she had a way out or a
reason to take a different direction. She then told us she knew if she
tried to seek God more she would have he confidence in herself to be
herself and make the decisions she wanted to make. That was just one
of many lessons this past week that I felt the spirit during. I know
that our Father lives and he knows His children and if we have faith
in him, he can work miracles like the one that allowed us to meet
Sherree.

I love you guys! Thanks for all of the emails and support. I feel like
I still don't know what I'm doing but I'm just happy to be a
participant in the Lords work. Hurrah for Israel. Don't have many pics
This week but I will attach some.

Love,
Elder Jensen

The before pic for elder Mthombeni's haircut Hahahahahah

No comments:

Post a Comment