Sunday, October 23, 2016

Week 73-October 17, 2016

Week 73-October 17, 2016
Pawel's Baptism

what a great week. Pawel got baptised and it was an amazing experience. i think ive told you a lot about him but he has changed and is visibly much happier and more confident and is always doing things for other people. I love him- he has taught me many valuable lessons. I will have to tell you more about him one day at home but his story is incredible. He is so sensitive to the Spirit and so dedicated to doing what he believes is right. After receiving the Book of Mormon, he read it from cover to cover in one night and knew that it was true. Different things in his life stopped him from being baptised though and so he stopped going to church for some time. later he was divorced and life took him to England. He got in contact with the missionaries and the rest was history. He quit smoking in one day- he went from smoking 40 cigarretes a day to 0 in one day. then, he stopped drinking alcohol (he used to drink quite a bit every night) after we taught him. he prayed, and that was it- he didnt drink one more time. He is always serving the people around him, and has a rock solid testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and most of all of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. He is amazing. I am so grateful to God for the chance to have been able to be a small part of his journey. 

Besides that, we got news for transfers and i will be staying here in Lea Valley with Elder Mthombeni for another transfer. I am happy with this news and excited to spend another transfer with him. He is a great missionary. 

I love the Lord and I love the people here in Lea Valley. Last night I travelled out to Stratford (where the olympics where a few years ago) and interviewed a Nigerian woman and her 9 year old daughter for baptism. The 9 year old's answers to the interview questions were really touching. her faith was inspiring! It made me think of Benjamin. When i asked her if she believed in Jesus Christ as the Saviour and Redeemer she got quiet and her face changed a little. she said she felt a little bit "broken" inside when she thinks of Him being beaten and whipped and put on the cross but that she felt very grateful and said she loved Him because he suffered for our sins. I know that He loves us and that His sacrifice was part of Heavenly Father's plan for us. 

thanks for all of the emails as usual! i love you guys so much... I can't believe how much it seems everyone has grown up and I am always praying for you all. 

love,
Elder Jensen

This is Pawel Gabinski. Sunday was incredible and was a day that I will never forget. I love this man. what a great experience it has been to teach him and to see him take this step. 


No comments:

Post a Comment