Sunday, September 11, 2016

Week 67-September 5, 2016

Week 67-September 5, 2016
Back to London

Dear fam,

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASH!!! I hope it was a great day. Love you tons sis.

The big news! I'm moving, and im going back into London! I'll be serving in the London North zone as zone leader, in a ward called Lea Valley. Ill be serving with Elder Mthombeni who I was in the MTC with and Im really excited. It's going to be sad to leave Colchester and Elder Burgess but change is good and I am ready to move on. 

This past week we had a bit of a miracle happen to us at church- we had been expecting quite a few people until on Saturday they all cancelled. One of our investigators, Edward, hadn't confirmed or not and we hadn't spoken to him all week cause he was camping. He has never been to church yet so we didn't even think to expect him to be there. We shot him a text late saturday night though just in case and then as we sat there in sacrament meeting, really really dissappointed that nobody had come, i had a feeling to just turn around and so i did and saw edward grinning at me from the back row, giving me a peace sign. It was awesome. 

All in all, it has been really sad saying goodbye to this ward. Many of the members have helped us a lot with teaching, meals, and other random acts of service. i will always be grateful to them! also, i feel like i have grown a lot here in this area. serving from my 9 month mark to my year and 3 month mark bridges a long period of time and a lot of ups and downs which i hope have taught me some important lessons. My testimony has really grown, and I feel as if I was able to teach a lot of people who (although most didnt progress) shaped my testimony of the things we taught them and helped me see the truth of what we taught. My understanding of the gospel has also gotten deeper, although i still have miles to go. 

Elder Burgess has been a fantastic companion. Ive learned loads from him and i will miss him, but luckily ill probably still see him quite often so its not so bad.

Thanks for all the emails this past week! its good to hear that school and seminary and everything has all kicked back into gear and youre all doing well. and dad, good luck with your dilema. I know you'll do whatevers right. And mom, don't thank us, thank YOU. I don't know who or where I'd be without you and this past week i reflected on just how much I love being your son. you are the best.

I know that Jesus Christ is our Saviour and the Son of God. God lives and He is our Father and He loves us and for that, I am so grateful. That's all we really need to know.. well not quite but almost! 

have a great week!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ADVANCE MANDY!!!!!!!!! i wish i could give you a big hug but this will have to do for now. I love you very much! You are a great younger sister. 

Love,

Elder Jensen

The one and only joe Johnson! A less active we visit. He has Taught me a lot about life and choices and the blessings of living the commandments. Gunna miss him!

MLC September 2016

Hahaha...

Zone training meeting September 2016 for Ipswich Zone! Last one here in Ipswich for me. Love these missionaries.


Remember how I ran a squirrel over a few months ago? We found him...

Just some old church


The Horrigans; they do a ton for us and I've grown to love them. Another sad goodbye! Peter (on the right) joined the church 30 years ago and is now such a pillar of the ward. He serves everyone all the time- including us by polishing our shoes 

Our last morning playing football for exercise... Our Romanian friend Vascili who I have gotten to know over my time here finally came to play with us at 6:30 am! It was a blast. I love football! 🇬🇧⚽️

No comments:

Post a Comment