Sunday, October 11, 2015

Week 19--October 5, 2015

Week 19--October 5, 2015

Man... Is it weird to say that I am super jealous that you guys went
to watch Cinderella without me?

This week was a super good one for us. We finally some some things
happening and set some records for our area this week, which is
awesome. Two people are on date for baptism now.. A man named Daniel
and a man named Khohrow (pronounced Hoce- row) and they are
coincidentally both from Iran! Which is Persia which is Iran they are
the same country, that I had to learn hahaha. I love these guys so
much and seriously want the best for them. They both came to general
conference with us at the chapel! And I don't know if I have told you
this already but Augusto has been helping us with all kinds of stuff-
teaching, meals, sitting with out investigators... He is such a
tremendous help. He has embraced the church and the gospel 100% again
and I am calling it right now that he will return to the philipines
soon and be called as a bishop. He would make such an amazing bishop.

Daniel is a guy who was Muslim growing up in Iran but came to England,
and realized he never really believed in it. By a few miraculous
events he ended up becoming Christian but doesn't go to any particular
church at the moment, just reads the bible and prays every night. We
have taught him 3 or 4 times now and I have never before truly
understood how vital it is that the church of Jesus Christ was
restored and that the preisthood was restored. Explaining it all and
struggling to find out why it is so important has opened my eyes to
the clarity of it all. For anyone who reads the bible, it would seem
clear to them that there needed to be a restoration. There are far too
many false claims to authority that would be so confusing had it not
been for the restoration through Joseph smith. It's funny how much you
learn trying to help someone else understand something. That's a truth
I have discovered- when you teach something, you learn more than the
"student" and it becomes engrained into your mind in a way that it
becomes part of you and makes so much sense! I have always loved
explaining things in the most clear, simple way and it has been
wonderful to try to do so here as a missionary. Daniel plays football
(a.k.a. Soccer ) and although Ben Mandy and natalie are probz better
than him he is a baller for an old man. He plays with us and the other
missionaries with a group of guys at hyde park on Tuesday's and it has
been a blast! Reminds me how much I love football. This last week
there were a bunch of american football players practicing next to us
and I thought it was so funny.... I turned around and looked around
but there were no other Americans besides my companion but he doesn't
play with us so I had no one to laugh with. Wasn't sure who was
playing real football. (Mom I love the American flag socks I wear them
every chance I get)
General conference was amazing! I loved it. Dad... Haven't you talked
about elder Rasband before??? I know he was mission president of your
mission because the bishops counselor here was a missionary in your
same mission but much later than you were and he says elder Rasband
was there when he was there so I can't imagine he was also your
mission president... But I still feel like you have talked about him
before.

Transfers are next week!!! I am dying... I feel this feeling that this
time around I might be leaving hyde park 2 finally. Inside, I will be
pretty torn apart if I do. At the same time, I am ready for a change..
But anyways we will just have to wait and see what happens. I can't
believe the time is flying by so quickly. Anyone who had served a
mission will tell you and I have heard them tell me before that time
seems to dissappear as a missionary but I am truly seeing that start
to happen. To think that I will be starting my fourth transfer in a
week is insane! It makes me want to do something crazy... Who knows..
I have been considering inviting people to be baptised the first time
I meet them on the street so maybe I'll just start doing that. Hahahah
but seriously, I just want to live every moment to the fullest! Forget
my fears and change the world one soul at a time... If only it were
easier! but I personally think that the Saviour is the real driving
force behind everything. He is the one who makes things happen and so
part of being a missionary is learning to get out of the way and
become a real disciple- someone who the Spirit can work through. And
that is a life long task. Perhaps President Monson knows what it is
like to become that type of person.

Anyways, love you all so much! I truly do think and pray for each of
you every day. Keep up the good work yall. I feel like I may be a
missionary but you girls especially are going to be the ones to change
the world, both on missions of your own and in your daily lives being
the amazing girls you are! Ben will change the world too. He's gunna
crack the code and figure out how to hie to kolob as the worlds first
scientist-prophet hahahahaha. "Love yous!!!!!" As my dear friend Elder
Tinao says

Love always,
Elder Jensen


Mom.. This general conference I thought especially of you many times.
I love you more than anything! Thank you for everything! I will never
be able to repay you and Dad for all that you have done for me. The
girls and Ben are in the best hands they could possibly be in and that
makes me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment