Sunday, March 12, 2017

Week 93-March 6, 2017


Week 93-March 6, 2017

Hello family!

Mom- I like the wallpaper! Good work. Ill bet that was a nice surprise for Dad!

Congrats to Lydia for getting a date to Mormon Prom! She can show off her supreme dance skills; those are important. after all thats how dad wooed Mom. And hey congratz to Natalie for winning all your tournament games! did you win the tournament? and Lydia we are watching the face to face (listening actually not watching) while me and some missionaries email right now. Funny to imagine you just watched it recently. Ben, sorry about the tournament. Im excited to watch your videos one day. Did my letter to Benjamin arrive? Hope Mandy is doing well sad not to hear from her this week. Ashley, you are a good example. thanks for sharing the experience. good luck with the job interviews! 

This week for us was great! We got a lot of kindness from the members this week and had some fun at the white cliffs again today with the other elders in Deal ward. Mom, its just the 4 of us. the two in b. boysons pic and us. 

About Jamie and Carly- yes we are preparing for the wedding and yes they are planning to be baptised right after they are married. I forgot Mandy was almost named Hannah! sorry back on topic.. Jamie and Carly came to Cantebury for a Regional Conference on Sunday and bishop is working with them for the wedding in April (probably the 15th) and then the baptism will be soonafter. they are excited for it and accept everything we teach; they are quitting tea and cigs really well and they accepted tithing and fasting and fast offerings which we taught at the Clue's home which was really good.

The other family decided they couldn't believe in God. Sad but happens so often. Probably the most common obstacle with people here; most have no faith at all.

We are working and all is well. Elder Yamada is doing a great job continuing to work positively and learning English. We have had some funny times this week- language study time (where we study English together) is always really funny cause as I ask him to say things from a list I toss in random things for him to say here and there and it always cracks us up for a while. 

Anyways, I gained a stronger testimony of fasting this week. I felt a very distinct answer come to me while fasting for a certain purpose. How grateful I am for gospel principles which teach us how to communicate with God and to tune into the promptings of the Spirit. (Like ashley said already) 

one thing i realized is how important family is; I had a feeling this week that family would be my greatest source of joy in my life and that I should do everything I can to prepare for that time. 

Funny story about josh asking about book ideas dad. Ive many times been glad you suggested i read some of those c.s. lewis books years ago because I loved them and they come to mind sometimes. 

Anyways, love you all and thank you for the emails! Please keep praying for Jamie's family I love them dearly and hope and pray they will be able to make these big commitments.

Love,
Elder Jensen

Jamie and Carly after they made us dinner on national pancake day

Pre- cliff jumping photo


Coninchiwa!  Origato!

What is paler, my calves or the cliffs? Hahaha just kidding they're not too white. 


On the cliff 

Elder Mecham from Utah, great guy. Living close to elder Withers and I at byu next fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment