Sunday, May 7, 2017

Week 101-May 1, 2017

Week 101-May 1, 2017

Dear beloved Jensen family,

This week I want to write you some of my thoughts and feelings about the gospel and my mission,  so you know what my mission means to me and know that I have a testimony of the gospel. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without my mission- it has changed me forever. I can't find the words to tell you properly how I feel. My heart is full of thanks and love to my Father in Heaven and my Saviour Jesus Christ for sending me to this family where I have been able to enjoy the blessings of the gospel growing up and now have had the opportunity and privilege to serve a full time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. These have been the best two years of my life. I know that God our Father lives and His Son Jesus Christ lives and leads us through a prophet; Thomas S. Monson. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet and I know that God and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith in the Sacred Grove to restore the fulness of the gospel and the true church of God in the latter days. I do know also that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, called, prepared, and ordained to do a very special work. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and I know that through the power of the Holy Ghost. I know that Jesus Christ has taken upon himself all of our pains, sufferings, sins, and grief and ultimately death in order to be our Saviour and Redeemer. I love Him with all of my heart and am prepared to give my life to Him and to serve Him for the rest of my life, just in different ways and without a badge. I have never known such joy, peace, and love as I have serving Him these past two years. I have come to know the Master by serving His children and ultimately, serving Him. I will always treasure and cherish the memories and relationships I have made here in England, and I know that I was called here for a reason. I know that this has been where the Lord wanted me- and by teaching others and helping others repent and come to know the Saviour, I have been the one to learn all of those things more than anyone I have taught. I know He lives, that our Father in Heaven lives and loves us, and say all these things in the name of our Saviour and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, Amen. 

I will see you all soon and can't wait to hug you each and tell you in person how much I love you... until then, Hurrah for Israel!

With all my love,
Elder Taylor Jensen
England, London Mission May 2015-2017
On top of the Dover Castle!


David and Kornelia will be getting baptised on May 13th!! I can't wait for you guys to share that special day with me. 

The promised land... Dover

No comments:

Post a Comment